Living and teaching in Madrid: Top 5 terraces to visit in Madrid
A summer in Spain, by definition, means good wine, excellent company, perfect weather, and gorgeous terraces.
Here are the Top 5 Terraces to Visit in Madrid
- The Tartan Roof (Bellas Artes)
Dining in Madrid while looking upon the sunset is a once in a life time opportunity. With an inexpensive high quality meal, one can spend an enjoyable summer evening or afternoon with family and friends.
Side Note: If this place looks perfect for an evening out, make sure to make reservations in advance.
2. The Urban Terrace Those who live in Madrid enjoy the cosmopolitan atmosphere. Despite this terrace being a part of a luxury hotel, it is not a black-tie restaurant. This terrace is praised for its exquisite cocktails as well as the beautifully designed pool that is the perfect place to relax during the hot summers in Madrid.
3. Roof Garden (Emperador) Madrid is home to one of the most beautiful rooftop pools in all of Spain. In the heart of the city, lies the Roof Garden. Here you can enjoy a day of relaxing by the pool with breathtaking views. For anyone traveling to Madrid, this rooftop is highly recommended! Here are the Fees to Access this Gorgeous Roof Top: · Entry fee for weekdays: € 35 · Entry fee for weekends and holidays: 48 € · Menu + access to the pool: 45 €
4. Sunset Enthusiasts (Hotel Mercure Madrid Santo Domingo) This terrace is spectacular terrace, located in the center of Madrid. The terrace offers fabulous views along a vertical garden that includes more than 100 species of plants. This terrace will feel like an oasis. Cocktails, cuisine and a panoramic 360 ° view of Madrid is what this terrace includes. This is the perfect spot to watch one of the most beautiful sunsets you have ever seen.
5. La Cocina de San Anton With over 300 meters of space, this terrace is the ideal spot to enjoy breathtaking views of the sky combined with the historical and charming streets of Madrid. The menu at this restaurant consists mainly of a “market cuisine” with seasonal products.La Cocina de San Anton has been recently renovated and now includes delicious gazpacho on the menu. This dish is not only healthy but is nice and refreshing on a summer’s day